Heading To Queenston Heights
4 Jul 2017 Chuck Camroux
Next stops on our town downriver at Niagara Falls are the Whirlpool Golf Course, the Niagara Botanical Gardens, the Butterfly Conservatory, the Sir Adam Beck Niagara Power Generating Facility, the Robert Moses Niagara Hydroelectric Power Station in the United States, the Floral Clock and Queenston Heights.
[Pictures of the Whirlpool Golf Course coming]
[Pictures of the Botanical Gardens coming]
[Pictures of the Butterfly Conservatory coming]
Here is the Adam Beck Power Generating station on the Canadian side of the Niagara River taken from the air on the U.S. side of the river. In the background is the Queenston-Lewiston bridge between Canada and the U.S. Lot’s of trucks on it the day the picture was taken.
Then it’s on to the Floral Clock, followed by Queenston Heights and the beginning of the Falls outlook.
And then there are thousands of visitors to the Floral Clock. The plants that make up the design are changed a couple of times a year by the gardeners at Niagara.
The gardeners at Niagara are kept busy making sure every is bright and beautiful. Here is one of the tulip beds at the floral clock.
One of the locals taking a walk through the Floral Clock area. Racoons are pretty common, good for pictures, but don’t get too close, they have sharp claws and teeth.
[Pictures of Queenston Heights coming]
From Queenston Heights, we drop off the escarpment down to the Niagara Wine Region.
In the picture above, the Niagara River finally leaves the gorge and spreads out into the Queenston Canada and Lewiston, New York wine region. Off in the distance is Niagara on the Lake and Lake Ontario where all that water that flows over the Falls ends up.
Categories: Niagara Falls
- Built in 1950 and still ticking
- Jets are not just on planes – try Jet Boats at Niagara Falls
- What’s that red thing over the waters at Niagara Falls
- Two Exciting Views Of The American Falls
- Don’t Slip – It’s A Long Way Down
- Does Niagara Falls Move?
- This Mini Island Is On The Brink Of The American Falls
- Away From Niagara Falls Explore Niagara On The Lake
- The Hurricane Walk At Niagara Falls
- The Rapids Above The American Falls
- Fall At The Niagara Falls Whirlpool
- Destination Marketing Fee ‘Optional’
- Niagara Falls Isn’t In The Back Country
- Honeymoon Bridge No More
- Not Everything At Niagara Falls Is Expensive
- Sony a6000 Review
- Niagara On The Lake & Area
- Niagara Wine Region
- Heading To Queenston Heights
- Tour At The Falls
- Tour Down River