Maid of the Mist
Here’s we have the Maid of the Mist tour board heading south toward the Canadian Falls. It is passing the American Falls at this point. The Maid was replaced by all new larger catamarans boats operated by Hornblower Tours a couple of years back, but the Maid of the Mist boats still operate exclusively on the U.S. side of the river. When visiting, be sure and take the ride, it’s safe and smooth, but wet (they provide ponchos), and spectacular.
Here is another of the Maid of the Mist boats battling the current directly below the Canadian Horseshoe Falls at Niagara Falls. Yes, you get wet, but a poncho is provided which keeps your cloths reasonably dry. Take lot of pictures, just be careful that you’re not getting the inside of the lens or camera wet.
The first two pictures above show you the power of the water, and the Falls at Niagara Falls. This picture, loading tourists onto the Maid of the Mist in Niagara Falls, New York, shows how calm it is just hundreds of yards downstream from the actual Falls. The white sludge in the water isn’t polution, but instad is the sand and mud on the river bottom being churned up by the power of the Falls. It gets filled with tiny air bubbles and floats to the surface, sinking again to the bottom quickly, but being replaced constantly by more silt.
- Built in 1950 and still ticking
- Jets are not just on planes – try Jet Boats at Niagara Falls
- What’s that red thing over the waters at Niagara Falls
- Two Exciting Views Of The American Falls
- Don’t Slip – It’s A Long Way Down
- Does Niagara Falls Move?
- This Mini Island Is On The Brink Of The American Falls
- Away From Niagara Falls Explore Niagara On The Lake
- The Hurricane Walk At Niagara Falls
- The Rapids Above The American Falls
- Fall At The Niagara Falls Whirlpool
- Destination Marketing Fee ‘Optional’
- Niagara Falls Isn’t In The Back Country
- Honeymoon Bridge No More
- Not Everything At Niagara Falls Is Expensive
- Sony a6000 Review
- Niagara On The Lake & Area
- Niagara Wine Region
- Heading To Queenston Heights
- Tour At The Falls
- Tour Down River