Niagara Wine Region
4 Jul 2017 Chuck Camroux
The Niagara Area has a great reputation for excellent wines. There are more than 70 wineries in the region producing world class wines. We are especially proud of the ice-wines produced here. Although invented in Germany, ice-wine has been perfected and become a major part of the wine region of Niagara..
As you travel down river, you are now in one of the wine producing areas of Niagara. You’ll pass many wineries where you can stop and have a tour of the facilities, and learn more about grape growing and wine making. Of course you will also want to enjoy a sip of your favourite wine, and if you don’t have any, maybe Niagara wines will become your favourite.
I have attempted to list all of the wineries in the Niagara Region, but they are constantly evolving with new wineries springing up all the time. If I missed one or two, let me know, but in the meantime, our list of Niagara Wineries is pretty long and exciting.
As you travel toward Canada’s first Capital, Niagara-on-the-Lake, you not only pass wineries, but one of the smallest, working churches anywhere.
[Picture of Little Church]
And many homes with wine grapes in the backyard, and the Niagara River out front. Next stop, Niagara on the Lake.
Categories: Niagara Falls
- Built in 1950 and still ticking
- Jets are not just on planes – try Jet Boats at Niagara Falls
- What’s that red thing over the waters at Niagara Falls
- Two Exciting Views Of The American Falls
- Don’t Slip – It’s A Long Way Down
- Does Niagara Falls Move?
- This Mini Island Is On The Brink Of The American Falls
- Away From Niagara Falls Explore Niagara On The Lake
- The Hurricane Walk At Niagara Falls
- The Rapids Above The American Falls
- Fall At The Niagara Falls Whirlpool
- Destination Marketing Fee ‘Optional’
- Niagara Falls Isn’t In The Back Country
- Honeymoon Bridge No More
- Not Everything At Niagara Falls Is Expensive
- Sony a6000 Review
- Niagara On The Lake & Area
- Niagara Wine Region
- Heading To Queenston Heights
- Tour At The Falls
- Tour Down River